Thursday, March 11, 2010

A week of firsts

Our first first was on Monday. The boys had their first trip to the dentist. Much to my relief this was an easy trip. J&G are notorious for screaming at the doctor's office so you can only imagine what I thought a trip to the dentist would be like. I took them to see a pediatric dentist, John Zummo, who was my dentist from the age of seven until some time in college. I picked him because I knew he would be gentle. They each had their teeth brushed and florided by the hygenist. Then the denist came and looked at thier teeth. They each got a clean bill of health. And much to Royal's chagrin the spaces between thier teeth are good. It means when the adult teeth come it they will have plenty of space.

Our second first was a trip down to the rodeo fair grounds. We didn't really have time to do everything (it is huge), so we hit some of the kiddie hilights. The first stop was the pony ride. Origanally Joshua wanted to ride an giraffe. I told him I didn't think that would be possible, but asked if he would like to ride a pony instead. His initional answer was "no," but then he saw the ponies. I paied, we waited, then it was his turn. He picked a horse named Sarah. I thought he would scream the instant they put him on. Nope not today, he sat there and did just what the man said. Then, I thought for sure he would freakout when the horse started moving. Not.a.peep. He loved it. He smiled and smiled. When the ride was over he declared, "I wanna do it again!" he rode for aa second time. I was almost in tears. My little boy is such a big guy.





And not to be left out the little man had his first trip to a petting zoo. He was a little nervous at first beacuse all of the animals were eye to eye with him. After about a minute he was down and harrassing the animals just like big brother.


No comments: